Learning Outcome:On completion of this sub-section the learner will be able to:
Explain the process of testing a battery as per the set standard, by focusing on the three specific steps involved;
- List five possible conditions that he/she could identify during a visual inspections that may lead to a claim being rejected;
- Practically demonstrate the use of a Midtronics tester in accordance with the standard procedure;
- Interpret the Midtronics Tester’s decisions according to the displayed results when testing a battery:
- Briefly list the benefits of conductance testing.
- Give a short explanation of what is meant by the word conductance.
- Interpret the various unit standards of measurements used in the battery industry E.g. SAE
- List and explain the results of the Midtronics battery testers after a battery is tested.
- Give a brief overview and explanation of the vehicle’s electrical system starter and charging results
Objective: To resolve starting problems. The battery that will be tested might still be under guarantee or past its guarantee. Determine if the battery is a possible claim by checking the date of sale on the customer’s purchase slip. The battery warranty is valid for a period of 25 months from date of sale. The following corrective steps need to be taken to determine the applicable battery fault.
0.00 average base on 0 ratings
- marius van jaarsveld
- Archie Schoeman
- J.P Maritz
- R Crause
- Leon Van Niekerk
- Alric Rudolph
- Keaton Rudolph
- Ronald Eva
- Elizabeth Botha
- MARAMBA TAWANDA
- Handrie Goetze
- RUDIGAN FREEMAN
- Baker Mayambala
- Ebrahim Pochee
- Zameer Adam
- lennon phepheng
- Constantine Procos
- Carl Akersten
- Chris Wasserman
- Axl Bohm
- Willie Welman