WILLARD EASTER SCRATCH AND WIN COMPETITION T’s & C’s
Terms and Conditions
Please read these competition rules carefully. These competition rules (“rules”) explain your rights and duties in connection with this competition. If you take part in this competition or accept any prize, these rules will apply to you and you agree that the Promoter can assume that you have read and have agreed to be legally bound these competition rules.
Auto X (Pty) Ltd is running a promotional competition. Purchase a new Willard battery and receive a scratch card for a chance to win amazing prizes.
- “Participant” means the person who purchases a new Willard Battery and receives a scratch card which will entitle them to an instant prize and/or the person who registers their new Willard battery in terms of this competition in order to stand a chance of winning cash prizes.
- Promoter” means Auto X (Pty) Ltd or its agencies used to promote this competition.
- How this competition works?
- On the purchase of a new Willard Battery, qualifying participants will receive a scratch card which will entitle them to an instant prize.
- The participant must register their new Willard Battery at willard.co.za to stand a chance of winning cash prizes.
- Visit willard.co.za for more information.
- Participants may only win one cash prize and one instant prize.
- While stock lasts and only at participating stores.
- Participants must retain their invoice as proof of purchase.
- The participant’s mobile phone number is key to all entries. If the entrant has won on a particular mobile phone number, they cannot use another number in order to be contacted. Further, this number needs to be a valid working number that is contactable during office hours.
- The competition will commence on 1 March 2018 and close at 24:00 on 6 April 2018.
- Any entries received after the competition period are invalid.
- Draw dates:
The winners of the weekly R20 000 cash prize will be drawn weekly from date of commencement. This will take place each Friday with the cut-off time being at midnight Thursday for qualifying entries. All qualifying entries received after midnight will roll over to the next week’s draw.
Thereafter, the winners of the R300 000 grand prize and the R100 000 runner-up prize, will be drawn after the end of the competition before 30 April 2018.
The Promoter reserves the right to extend the competition or change the draw dates. Notice of this will be posted in these rules.
6.1 On the purchase of a new Willard battery, each participate will receive a scratch card and will stand to receive one of three instant prizes:
- Bouncing Egg,
- Speckled Eggs,
- Mystery prize.
6.2 On the successful registration of their new Willard battery, each participant then stands a chance to WIN cash prizes made up of the following:
- A R300 000 GRAND prize.
- A R100 000 RUNNER-UP prize.
- 5X weekly R20 000 prizes.
6.3 The prizes are not transferable.
6.4 The following process will be followed to redeem cash prizes:
6.4.1 For all cash prizes, the multiple draws will be monitored and managed by a registered auditor who will:
a) Review the rules and ensure that the rules are applied.
b) Weekly draws:
i) Only completed registrations entered in that particular week are included in the batch;
ii) the drawing process is truly a “random” process;
iii)The participant who won was contacted and it was verified that the person adhered to the Rules, and if not, draw another entrant;
iv) The money was actually paid out to the winner
c) Grand prizes:
i) All completed registrations entered by participants during any week are included in the grand prize batch excluding the numbers drawn during the weekly draws;
ii) The drawing process is a truly “random” process;
iii)The participant who won was contacted and it was verified that the person adhered to the rules and if not, draw another entrant;
iv) The money was actually paid out to the winner.
d) retain the information of the competition for a period of at least three (3) years.
- The competition is open to all South African residents aged 18 years or over with a valid South African delivery address, Identity Document and South African bank account.
- No one who is a director, employee, agent, consultant, spouse, life partner, close family member or business partner of the promoter or the supplier of goods and services in connection with this competition may enter this competition.
- Any participant who is under the age of 18 (eighteen) (referred to as minors) are only allowed to take part in the competition and receive a prize if their parent or legal guardian gives them the required legal consent and assistance to do so.
- Is there a limit on the number of times you can enter?
The number of entries is limited to the number of batteries purchased as only one battery warranty registration form can be completed and entered for each new battery purchased.
- How will winner(s) be chosen?
All winners will be selected randomly by an electronically generated draw.
- How will the winners be notified?
- The winners will be contacted telephonically each Friday after they have been selected.
- If the promoter is unable to contact the winner, the promoter will draw another winner.
- Winners have until Friday 17:00pm to provide the promoters with their verifiable documentation. Winners who fail to meet this deadline will forfeit the prize and the next winner in line will be contacted.
- Winners who have not given the promoters the correct contact details and incorrect verifiable documentation will forfeit the prize.
- The Promoter’s decision is final, and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The Promoter and any of the rewards companies reserve the right to disqualify any claim if fraud or cheating is suspected, including without limitation, through the manipulation of code or otherwise frequently falsifying data.
- If the promotional offer is not available, despite the Promoter’s reasonable endeavours to procure the offer, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute the offer of equal value.
- The winner agrees to the use of his/her name, image and footage captured during the Willard Easter Promotion in any publicity material without compensation. Any personal data relating to the winner or any other entrants will be used solely in accordance with current data protection legislation and will not be disclosed to a third party without the entrant’s prior consent.
- For any queries about the competition please email Lauren Khoury at firstname.lastname@example.org
- South African law governs this competition.
- The Participants acknowledge and agree that in order to enter the competition; the promoter must collect and use personal information about the participants. Any Personal Information will be used solely in accordance with current personal data protection legislation and will not be disclosed to a third party without the participant’s’ prior consent.
You agree to indemnify the Promoter fully for any loss or damage the Promoter may suffer because you breached the competition rules.
Under this entire clause “indemnify” means you agree to reimburse the Promoter for the following: any loss or damage they suffer, any expenses and costs they paid or are responsible for. Legal costs means costs on an attorney and own client scale.
You also agree to indemnify the Promoter for any loss or damage you suffered because you took part in this competition or used the prize. If you enter the competition, or use or accept the prize, you understand that you do so of your own free will. This means that you cannot hold the Promoter legally responsible for any loss or damage or legal expenses you suffered because you took part in this competition or used the prize.
You furthermore agree to indemnify the Promoter fully for any loss, damage, claim, or injury that may occur because of the use of the prize or your inability to use the prize for any reason. This includes, but is not limited to, injury, loss, death or financial damages caused to any person other than yourself.
You therefore agree that you cannot hold the Promoter legally responsible for any loss or damage or legal expenses or medical expenses you suffered caused because you used the prize.
You will protect the Promoter from being held legally responsible for the loss or damage or legal expenses of another person (legal or natural) if such loss or damage or expense was incurred because:
you breached the competition rules;
you took part in this competition; and/or
you or any person used a prize.
WILLARD PROMOTION T’s & C’s
- Terms and conditions apply.
- The terms and conditions of any promotional offer may vary from our standard terms and conditions, as stated on the specific material.
- This offer is available while stocks last.
- The item may not be exchanged for cash.
- No substitutes on give-away items offered.
- One give-away item is issued per battery purchased.
- This offer is available at selected outlets.
- The visuals are for descriptive purposes only and may differ from the actual give-away item.
- The Closing date is stipulated on the specific material.