Terms and Conditions
Please read these promotion rules carefully. These promotion rules (“rules”) explain your rights and duties in connection with this promotion. If you take part in this promotion or accept any prize, these rules will apply to you and you agree that the Promoter can assume that you have read and have agreed to be legally bound to these promotion rules.
AutoX (Pty) Ltd is running a promotional competition. Purchase a new Willard battery and register the battery online to stand a chance to win 1 (one) of 500 (five hundred) beach umbrellas.
- “Participant” means the person who purchases a new Willard battery and registers the Willard battery online who then goes into a promotional draw to stand a chance to win 1 (one) of 500 (five hundred) beach umbrellas.
- Promoter” means AutoX (Pty) Ltd or its agencies used to promote this promotion.
- How this promotional competition works?
- On the purchase of a new Willard battery and the registration thereof, qualifying participants will be entered into the promotional draw to stand a chance to win 1 (one) of 500 (five hundred) beach umbrellas. The participant must register their new Willard battery on the Register My Battery website, registermybattery.co.za to stand a chance of winning the prize.
- Visit willard.co.za for more information.
- While stock lasts and only at participating Midas stores.
- For serialised batteries, participants must upload their invoice when registering their battery on the Register My Battery website, alternatively, participants must retain their invoice as proof of purchase. In both circumstances, this together with their registration, will not only allow entry into the promotion but will also ensure the battery’s warranty is activated.
- For non-serialised batteries, participants must upload their invoice when registering their battery on the Register My Battery website, alternatively, participants must retain their invoice as proof of purchase. In both circumstances, this together with their registration, will not only allow entry into the promotion but will also ensure the battery’s warranty is activated.
- The participant’s mobile phone number is key to all entries. If the entrant has won on a particular mobile phone number, they cannot use another number in order to be contacted. Further, this number needs to be a valid working number that is contactable during office hours.
- The promotion will commence on the 1st of December and close at 24:00pm on the 31st of December 2020.
- Any entries received after the promotion period are invalid.
- Draw dates:
- The winners will be drawn within 14 days from the promotion end date, if not before. The Promoter reserves the right to extend the promotion or change the draw dates. Notice of this will be posted in these rules.
- On the purchase of a new Willard battery and on the successful registration of their new battery, each participant then stands a chance to win 1 (one) of 500 (five hundred) beach umbrellas.
- The prizes are not transferable.
- The promotion is open to all South African residents aged 18 years or over with a valid South African delivery address, Identity Document and valid driver’s license.
- No one who is a director, employee, agent, consultant, spouse, life partner, close family member or business partner of the promoter or the supplier of goods and services in connection with this promotion may enter this promotion.
- No employee or any family member of the participating Midas stores may enter into the promotion.
- Is there a limit on the number of times you can enter?
Each new battery purchased equates to one new entry into the competition. The number of entries is limited to the number of batteries purchased as only one battery warranty registration form can be completed and entered for each new battery purchased. Each entry that is not a previous winner will remain in the electronically generated draw.
- How will the winner be chosen?
The winner will be selected randomly by an electronically generated draw.
- How will the winner be notified?
- The winner will be contacted telephonically within 14 days after the promotion draws to an end, if not before.
- If the promoter is unable to contact the winner, the promoter will draw another winner(s).
- The winner will have until 17:00pm of the same day to provide the promoters with their verifiable documentation, if applicable. If the winner fails to meet this deadline, they will forfeit their chance to win and the next winner in line will be contacted.
- If the winner has not given the Promoters the correct contact details and incorrect verifiable documentation, they will forfeit their chance to win.
- The Promoter’s decision is final, and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The Promoter and any of the rewards companies reserve the right to disqualify any claim if fraud or cheating is suspected, including without limitation, through the manipulation of code or otherwise frequently falsifying data.
- If the promotional offer is not available, despite the Promoter’s reasonable endeavours to procure the offer, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute the offer of equal value.
- The winner agrees to the use of his/her name, image and footage captured during the Willard battery promotion in any publicity material without compensation. Any personal data relating to the winner or any other entrants will be used solely in accordance with current data protection legislation and will not be disclosed to a third party without the entrant’s prior consent.
- AutoX (Pty) Ltd will retain the information of the promotion for a period of at least three (3) years.
- For any queries about the promotion, please email Candice Kenloff at email@example.com
- South African law governs this promotion.
- The Participants acknowledge and agree that in order to enter the promotion; the promoter must collect and use personal information about the participants. Any Personal Information will be used solely in accordance with current personal data protection legislation and will not be disclosed to a third party without the participant’s’ prior consent.
You agree to indemnify the Promoter fully for any loss or damage the Promoter may suffer because you breached the promotion rules.
Under this entire clause “indemnify” means you agree to reimburse the Promoter for the following: any loss or damage they suffer, any expenses and costs they paid or are responsible for. Legal costs means costs on an attorney and own client scale.
You also agree to indemnify the Promoter for any loss or damage you suffered because you took part in this promotion or used the prize. If you enter the promotion, or use or accept the prize, you understand that you do so of your own free will. This means that you cannot hold the Promoter legally responsible for any loss or damage or legal expenses you suffered because you took part in this promotion or used the prize.
You furthermore agree to indemnify the Promoter fully for any loss, damage, claim, or injury that may occur because of the use of the prize or your inability to use the prize for any reason. This includes, but is not limited to, injury, loss, death or financial damages caused to any person other than yourself.
You therefore agree that you cannot hold the Promoter legally responsible for any loss or damage or legal expenses or medical expenses you suffered caused because you used the prize.
You will protect the Promoter from being held legally responsible for the loss or damage or legal expenses of another person (legal or natural) if such loss or damage or expense was incurred because:
You breached the promotion rules;
You took part in this promotion; and/or
You or any person used a prize.